Dettol – Mum of the Moment and Mum of the Month Competition ("Competition")
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entrants must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is Reckitt Benckiser (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 17 003 274 655) of 44 Wharf Road, West Ryde, 2114 NSW Australia. (PH: 1800 022 046).
3. The Competition opens 20 December 2013 at 13:00 AEDT and closes 31 March 2014 at 17:00 AEDT. ("Competition Period”). All times referred to in these terms and conditions are AEDT unless otherwise specified.
Eligibility to Enter
4. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years and over.
5. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
6. There will be a total of 15 Winners during the Competition Period (selected in accordance with clause 9. Each ‘Mum of the Moment’ winner will win 1x Dettol Prize Pack (containing: Dettol Floor Cleaning System & refill, Dettol Power & Pure trigger and wipes, Dettol Instant Hand Sanitizer (50mL), Dettol Touch of Foam pump and a Dettol No Touch Hand Washing System) (together, "Mum of the Moment Prize"), valued at $51.13. Each ‘Mum of the Month’ winner will win 1 x Large Mixed Fruit Gift Box and an interview published on the Little Things for Health website (together, "Mum of the Month Prize"), valued at $110.00. In the event a winner lives outside the deliverable area for the Fruit Gift Box, the winner will be sent a similar prize (to be determined by the Promoter), or cash prize to the total value of the Fruit Gift Box.
How to Enter
7. To be eligible to enter, entrants must:
a.log onto missionforhealth.com.au ("Little Things for Health Website") and (if the entrant has not already registered an account) register an account;
b.agree to the Terms & Conditions and to being contacted by the Promoter in conjunction with this Competition; and
c.activate your account via email sent to your specified email address;
To enter, registered eligible entrants must, during the Competition Period:
a.go to the Little Things for Health Website; and
b.where indicated, submit an answer in written form for “Share the little things you do for health” ("Submission"). Answers must be 50 words or less.
8. There are 12 Mum of the Moment competitions and 3 Mum of the Month competitions. Judging for the Mum of the Moment and Mum of the Month competitions will commence on the following dates and times:
a.Week 1: Mum of the Moment - Monday 6 January at 14:00
b.Week 2: Mum of the Moment - Monday 13 January at 14:00
c.Week 3: Mum of the Moment - Monday 20 January at 14:00
d.Week 4: Mum of the Moment - Monday 27 January at 14:00
e.Week 5: Mum of the Month - Monday 3 February at 14:00
f.Week 5: Mum of the Moment - Monday 3 February at 14:00
g.Week 6: Mum of the Moment - Monday 10 February at 14:00
h.Week 7: Mum of the Moment - Monday 17 February at 14:00
i.Week 8: Mum of the Moment - Monday 24 February at 14:00
j.Week 9: Mum of the Month - Monday 3 March at 14:00
k.Week 9: Mum of the Moment - Monday 3 March at 14:00
l.Week 10: Mum of the Moment - Monday 10 March at 14:00
m.Week 11: Mum of the Moment - Monday 17 March at 14:00
n.Week 12: Mum of the Moment -Monday 24 March at 14:00
o.Week 13: Mum of the Month -Monday 31 March at 14:00
9The editor of the Mission For Health website will at the end of each of the Mum of the Moment periods referred to in clause 8 ("Moment Judging Period") judge all new entries submitted which have not previously been judged for a prior Mum of the Moment competition. The judging criteria for Submissions is as follows:
a.creativity of the answer; and
b.originality of the answer
The entrant with the best Submission will win the Mum of the Moment prize for that Moment Judging Period.
At the end of each month, the editor will also select the best Submission submitted by the four most recent Mum of the Moment prize winners and award them as Mum of the Month.
10. The judge's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the Winner.
11. Winners will be notified via email within 5 working days of the selection of winners.To redeem the prize, the winner must reply to the notification email with their contact details (full name, postal address, phone number) within 48 hours. Should a winner not reply within 48 hours, the winner will forfeit their prize and the judge will award the prize to the entrant who submits the next best entry (according to the same submission criteria as set out in clause 9). The entrant that is deemed the new winner will be notified by email within 3 business days of the judge's decision.
12. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the application form. Prizes will be mailed within 28 days to the address provided on the application form.
13. In the event the Winner is unable to accept the prize, the Eligible Entrant with the next best entry as judged by the judges as per clause 9 will be deemed the new winner of the prize. The Eligible Entrant that is deemed the new winner will be notified by email within 3 business days of the judges' decision.
14. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
15. In the event that the a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize or gift (as the case may be) of equal or greater value, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of a winner and Gift recipient and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this Competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these terms and conditions would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, the Promoter excludes from these terms and conditions all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for liability in relation to a Non Excludable Guarantee, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, Major prize or Gift claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Major prize or Gift value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) the a Major prize or Gift or use of the Major prize or Gift.
19. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Competition.
21. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate redemption date.
22. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner respectively must comply with all the conditions of use.
23. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
24. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
25. Any cost associated with accessing the Competition Website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
27. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, this Competition is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
28. In participating in the Competition, entrants agree that in the event that they are the winner, they may be required to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition and the ambassador program on-going, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (incl. photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Winners grant the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. Each work submitted as an entry or part of an entry (“Work”) becomes the property of the Promoter. Work(s) will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a sub-licensable, non-exclusive, perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright) in and to the Work and consents to the Promoter or its agents doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may use all or any part of an entrant’s Work(s) for any purposes at its discretion, including, without limitation, using the entrant’s Work(s) for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of this Competition, the Promoter, or otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s entry being invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the Promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
30. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
31. The laws of New South Wales apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.